Tuesday, July 22, 2014

OK. This is my first crack at this. So I promise I will not waste time on stupid topics but spend time on items that invite your thoughts and opinions. Please don't troll this and just post an advertisement or a dumb comment. Let's have some good back and forth on this blog. For my first one I do have a lot of friends in the Music business so I hope to get them involved with this question. What has happened to the Music Business? What I mean is you used to hear about bands through your radio or local music store. Well the music stores are gone. Well the local radio station is run, in most part, by a corporation form out of town. This leaves very little space for the new and interesting artists to be seen, heard and talked about. One of my favorite new bands is KXM. George Lynch, dUg Pommock and Ray Luzier. If it were not for itunes radio I never would have heard them. I recognized dUg's voice and happened to look and saw KXM. I then looked it up and saw them on the internet. What happened to the day when the record companies promoted the bands? Let's see some kind of advertisement maybe the stations could find a place to play new bands before they are out headlining arenas. I could go on about how the record industry is lazy. I could make a lengthy statement about how an artist could put a great product together, without any major label help, and sell it on the internet. But instead of me going on ( and I could, trust me! ) I want to hear from you as well. Leave me your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Ok,ok. I do need to pass on this little piece of software I ran across. I feel it's a great tool for any musician. You can use it to write and record. The website has a test section that is pretty cool. Just click the link
    Click Here!

    ReplyDelete